Advance Imaging at the Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon.
Computerized tomography (CT or CAT scan) is an invaluable non-invasive diagnostic tool that our veterinary specialists and emergency doctors use to detect a variety of diseases and conditions. The scanners produce 2D and 3D images of bones, vital organs, and even blood vessels which is critical when performing tasks such as:
- Scanning the whole patient in trauma cases such as when animals are struck by vehicles
- Planning surgical procedures and reducing unnecessary exploratory surgeries
- Improving the diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Reducing the lengths of hospitalizations
- Guiding treatment plans for a variety of conditions including ear infections
The high slice count (16) of our scanner reduces the time our patients have to be scanned – which means less time under anesthesia and/or sedation.
The Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon is excited to be bring this advanced technology to our patients in Central Oregon!