Computerized Tomography (CT or CAT scan) is an invaluable non-invasive diagnostic tool for our veterinary specialists to detect a variety of diseases and conditions. A CT produces images and 3D pictures of bones, vital organs, and even blood vessels. Here is a partial list of the benefits of CT scanning:
- Surgical planning for oncologic surgery to help improve margins
- Surgical planning for complex fractures
- Identification of internal organ damage after severe trauma
- Identification and localization of disc herniations
- Neurosurgical planning
- Early identification of hereditary conditions such as elbow dysplasia
- Improving cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Guiding treatment plans for a variety of conditions including ear infections
The high slice count (16) reduces the scanning time – which means less time under anesthesia for your pet. Additionally, the 16 slice CT has a superior image resolution when compared with lower slice CT’s.
Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon is excited to be bringing this advanced technology and give our patients the best treatment options!