As we contend with the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon is committed to supporting our community. This includes protecting the health and well being of our staff, patients, and clients. To do so, we are working within the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and State and Local Public Health Departments.
What We Are Doing Now:
- Implementing a concierge “curbside” approach for all appointments in which only pets are allowed into the hospital (clients tending to critical patients will be allowed into the hospital)
- Increasing the frequency and scope of our cleaning and sanitizing procedures with an added emphasis on high-touch areas such as door handles, phones, counter tops, etc.
- Altering protocols to preserve our personal protective equipment (PPE) and this includes using washable surgical gowns and re-using masks
- Monitoring the health of our staff members and requiring them to stay home at the first signs of an illness or the potential exposure to someone who may be ill
How Our Concierge Services Work:
- Upon your arrival, remain in your vehicle and call the hospital at (541)210-9200
- Provide the hospital with a basic description of your vehicle and wait for our staff to come to you
- Prepare your pet to be transferred to the care of our staff and keep all nonessential items with you such as your pet’s bedding, collar, leash, etc.
- Prepare to receive phone calls from our staff regarding your pet’s status, recommended treatment plans, estimated costs, payment options, etc.
- The check out procedure will then follow a similar workflow to the drop off procedure (i.e. wait in vehicle, call the hospital, etc.)
Please call us if you have any questions and thank you for keeping us all safe.